Tuesday 26 December 2017

Perch Perch Perch 23 December 2017

Well I've not been out since my last perch session due to a bad cold and I also have had an abscess in my mouth ,so more dental work in January.I decided to fish a different lake since my last session in a peg I've fished before .Tactics feeding red mags and lobs on the hook.I arrived at the lake to heavy mist,visibility was poor but as I was fishing close in I could see my float.Temps today were supposed to be 10 degrees,but felt like 4 with the north westerly that was blowing on my back.It would take about 2 hours before I had a small perch.I trimmed down my lob as the float would sail away and there was nothing on,just small perch grabbing the lob.I carried on feeding a few chopped lobs and 5/6 Mags as I was building the swim.Around lunchtime the mist seemed to be clearing,but it wasn't that long before it came back.My next bite produced a better perch ,so at least they were getting bigger.As the day wore on I was cold and believe me I was wrapped up ,as the coffee got lower and the food was gone I was wondering now if anything was goin to come from this swim.It was due to go dark at 4 pm so I decided 3-45 would be pack up time as I had to be home to sort something out.At around 3-25 my float went ,rod bent,pin clicking and I really thought I had a decent perch.As I netted my prize,I smiled it wasn't a monster but well worth the wait.
Went 1lb 4 ounces,was really pleased.Any way till the next time and Merry XMas Bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment