Sunday 12 November 2017

No Lobs Just Maggots.11-11-17

Today would of been a Perch fishing day but no Lobs meant I would have to target something else on the lake.Now before I go on and no doubt Chris will be reading this at some point and throwing is turmeric outta the pram,The fish I would be goin for would be ROACH (Sorry Chris ).Anyway let's get down to what was happening and where.Well did you really think I was going to say where I was fishing HAHa...........LOL....So I would be fishing two rods,both on maggot feeders and maggot hookbaits .Id be fishing the deeper water in someone's favourite peg Shhhhhh He he.Upon arrival it was misty and low pressure,quite warm too.By mid morning all I had to show for my fishing would be two drop backs and no fish caught.The mist was still quite thick and I could still see my far bank markers I re casted my right hand rod,sat back and poured a coffee,then just as I was relaxing the bobbin dropped back ,rose and hit the rod blank.Fish on,felt breamy with a couple of jagged knocks until it kited under my other line.I guided it safely away and now I'm thinking Big Roach.As I slipped the net under my prize I realised now that my roach dream was a .........................
Tench,you wouldn't believe it would ya,it's November aswell.As the morning wore on I managed 4 Roach in lovely condition a Skimmer and plenty of drop backs then nothing.The sky had cleared,the sun was out but the temp had dropped from the morning.The fishing now was non existant has I paced my drink and cigarettes out of boredom waiting for my next bite,and yes it was another small roach followed by a skimmer.Before the witching hour approached I had a nice perch.As darkness approached nothing was happening,no Ciggarettes or coffee left and time to pack up and head to the Chippy to warm up.I learned some things today,1 I got the hook pattern wrong ,a lot of drop backs caused lost fish .And No 2 don't fish ya mates swim.........
Cold maggots "................
Anyway till the next time bloggers,Tight Lines ..............

No comments:

Post a Comment