Sunday 25 June 2017

Last Minute Bite

So barbel season is underway and my first session last Saturday resulted in a blank in a peg that's a banker for me of which I've only ever blanked once before.So this Saturday I arrived at the river with a long walk on my mind to unknown territory for me.I loaded the barrow and realised no chair,Damn I wasn't happy.I used my unhooking mat and sat on my barrow I thought.I arrived at my swim and had a good look around at areas to fish.I was soon set up,boilie left hand rod,pellet right hand rod and fired a few chopped Dumbells out and a pva bag of crushed Dumbells on each rod.i sat back poured a coffee and was surveying the water.Fish were topping,I saw a big salmon jump 3 times,now that would be a big catch having a salmon on.Nothing was happening and I was contemplating moving 100 yards up river until I spotted head torches on the other bank.I decided to sit it out,I used my pellet rod as a roaming rod ,upstream ,across stream,casting every 30 mins.At about 10 pm I casted my left hand boilie rod out with a fresh bag and sat back,yet another brew.Id made my mind up at 10-30pm that I was packing up at 11-30 as it was a long walk back and I had too work in the morning.So sat there motionless rods,I was getting frustrated until my right hand rod twitched,but nothing came off it.so with time ticking away as 11-15 approached I had a slight pull on my boilie rod,go on I thought.Then nothing so bang on 11-29 I got up to reel my right hand rod and my left hand rod pulled over,fish on and what a fight.Screaming clutch on 2 occasions and my first Barbel of the season hit the net.
Had a damaged Tail,fought like a double.Till the next time bloggers,Tight Lines .

No comments:

Post a Comment